2019 Cobra CX50 FWE Specifications
RRP // $7500 inc GST *Plus Shipping
Dry Weight // 41 Kg
Engine // Cobra Venom 50cc 2-stroke
Bore x Stroke // 39mm x 41.7mm
Induction // Case Reed V-Force® Reed Valve 19mm Carb
Cooling // Water cooled Top-end and Case
Clutch // Cobra 5Gx Freewheeling 3-Shoe
Transmission // Single-speed auto
Exhaust // Tuned pipe and silencer
Lubrication // Mixture lubrication – Bel-Ray H1-R
Fuel Capacity // 4.2L
Frame // Twin Spar Oval HSLA
Wheelbase // 990mm
Seat Height // 680mm
Ground Clearance // 245mm
Front Brakes // CARD Hydraulic Disk (160mm)
Rear Brakes // CARD Hydraulic Disk (140mm)
Front Suspension // CARD Smart-Leg 32mm USD Fully Adjustable 210mm travel
Rear Suspension // CARD Fully Adjustable (High & Low Speed) 248mm travel
Wheel Front / Rear // Cobra 12″ Billet Hard Anodized/ Cobra 10″ Billet Hard Anodized
Tires Front / Rear // Dunlop 60/100-12 MX3SF / Dunlop 70/100-10 MX3S
2019 Cobra CX50 FWE Highlights & Improvements
NEW! Titanium Edition! – Cobra is bringing works level goodies to the minicycle market this year! For 2019 we’ve included a super strong and lightweight Ti rear axle and swingarm pivot. Additionally, we’ve included all aluminium fastening hardware to the mix. Lightweight! Looks great!
NEW! Forged Aircraft Grade Aluminium Triple Clamps – All of our 50cc models receive new clamps for 2019. These clamps are lighter, impart less force onto the fork tubes for improved suspension action, and they provide a clamping feature onto the steering stem for improved steering feel.
NEW! Frame Head Tube and Steering Stem – A thinner wall head tube and a 7075-T6 Aluminium steering stem work together to reduce weight and centralize mass.
NEW! Dunlop Geomax MX33 Intermediate-Terrain Tires – Dunlop is at it again. For 2019 they have introduced the completely re-engineered Geomax MX33. Enhanced grip, improved slide control, and a larger contact patch with the ground all add up to reduced lap times. No corners cut here!
IMPROVED! Front Brakes – Further refinements on the CARD front brake system include a more powerful 9.5mm master cylinder piston, improved master cylinder bore finish for better brake feel, and a thinner, more ergonomic brake lever to better fit small hands.
IMPROVED! Lightweight Fasteners – Several fasteners have been re-engineered from aircraft grade 7075-T6 Aluminium for even more weight savings.
IMPROVED! Coated Exhaust Pipe – New ceramic coating looks better and cleans up easier.
‘War Head’ Cylinder – Once again, the CX50 Factory Works Edition maintains its place at the bleeding edge of 50cc racing technology. Cylinder porting has been updated for 2018 to improve power and torque throughout the RPM range. What results is a broad torque curve that provides sooner and smoother clutch engagement for better starts, improved throttle control, and faster acceleration.
Extended Wheelbase – The 2019 FWE comes equipped with an extended swingarm for those deep and rough tracks that will benefit from added stability. Adjustability is built in for short, tight tracks as well.
Micro Handle Bars – Cobra is proud to offer Pro-Taper’s innovative Micro Handlebars across our 50cc line up. These bars will revolutionize the way that young riders control their motorcycles by offering a reduced diameter grip area that inspires confidence and reduced fatigue.
Bel-Ray Factory Fill – Cobra and Bel-Ray, two proud American companies with a long history in motocross, have teamed up to ensure that each Cobra model comes from the factory with the finest in lubricants and chemicals. This includes everything from wheel bearing grease, to brake fluid, to suspension fluid, to the oil on the air filter.
5Gx Freewheeling Clutch – Precision engagement, durable, freewheels for increased corner speed and easier starting.
Revolutionary MXT “Smart Leg” Front Fork – Cobra’s exclusive 32mm USD CARD fork is designed to be the finest fork in minicycle racing! The Smart architecture simultaneously provides supple action over small bumps, and progressive control through the biggest of hits…A feature especially important for minicycles that run on tracks torn up by bikes twice their size! This fork also features fully adjustable rebound and compression damping and bottoming control adjustment not found on any other fork of any size!
Class-leading Twin Spar High-Strength Low-Alloy Oval Tube Frame – Super-strong, outstanding lateral strength with just the right amount of torsional rigidity.
Broad Torque Curve
- Excellent low-end torque and over-rev!
- No compromise power delivery
5Gx 3-Shoe Clutch (5thGeneration)
- No plates to warp, Precision, consistent operation
- Hits as hard at the end of a moto as it does on Lap 1. Freewheels for faster cornering and easier starting.
USD 32mm Front
- Mechanical spring for consistent operation. ‘Right Sized’ for a small chassis. Fully adjustable cartridge design.
- Inspires confidence over rough terrain
Piggyback Canister Rear Shock
- Compression (high & low speed) Adjustment
- Tuneable for the rider. No-Fade performance throughout the race
REAL air filter
- Air filter is mounted in airbox, not on top of air box. More surface area, More protection from dirt
- Dirt or water that enters airbox cannot make its way into the engine. More power (especially in long motos and dusty off-road events)
Largest Air box in Class
- Improved breathing. Large pre-carburetor volume greatly improves throttle response
- Power when you need it!
One-Piece Aluminium Wheels
- Stronger, Lighter Wheels
- Reduced maintenance, improved acceleration and traction over rough terrain.
Billet, Wide Footprint Triple Clamp
- Spreads the clamp load out over a larger area of the fork upper tube
- Improved fork action
Billet Chain Adjuster Blocks
- Strongest in class
- Never DNF from a slipping rear axle again!
- Best overall combination of torsional flexibility and lateral stiffness
- Excellent straight-line stability and cornering feel – inspires confidence – reduces lap times
Cobra Friction Drive
- Allows some slip between the crank and rear wheel
- Longer driveline life (crank, transmission, clutch, chain) and improved drive through rough choppy terrain
Progressive Rate Rear Suspension
- Linear rising rate without a link! Reduced weight, and friction
- Supple over small bumps for good traction…Absorbs big hits for aggressive riding.